Available paintings by Lee Craigmile. Please click on the thumbnails for more images and full information.
Lee Craigmile grew up in the seaside town of Largs where he first developed his interest in the Scottish landscape and his passion for painting. In 2012 Craigmile moved to Florence, Italy to study traditional painting techniques at the prestigious Florence Academy of Art. After graduating in 2015 Lee moved back to Largs where he has set up his painting studio.
Lee's primary focus is landscape painting, where he combines his love of nature, atmosphere, and rich painterly brushstrokes. His aim as an artist is to create paintings that express the beauty of the world around him as faithfully as possible while conveying the emotional feel and atmosphere. His creative process involves painting from life (en plein air) and developing larger works in the studio. He finds inspiration from Old Masters such as John Singer Sargent, J.M.W. Turner, and Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot.
Lee’s work has been exhibited widely throughout the U.K., Europe, and The U.S.A and can be found in numerous private collections.
▪ 2019 Burns Night Exhibition, Scotland Art Gallery, Glasgow
▪ 2018 Unwrapped, Thistle Gallery, Glasgow
▪ 2018 EAFA Gala Show, Edinburgh Atelier of Fine Art, Edinburgh
▪ 2018 Joint Solo Show, Mary Ran Gallery, Cincinnati U.S.A
▪ 2018 Postcards Exhibition, Roger Billcliffe Gallery, Glasgow
▪ 2017 The ROI Annual Exhibition, Mall Galleries, London
▪ 2017 Postcards Exhibition, Roger Billcliffe Gallery, Glasgow
▪ 2015 Joint Solo Show, Mary Ran Gallery, Cincinnati U.S.A
▪ 2014 Group juried show, REPRESENT, 20th Century Theatre, London
▪ 2014 Group juried show, Luna studio, Florence, Italy
▪ 2013 Group juried show, Luna studio, Florence, Italy